Sunday, September 16, 2007

We lose 5-0 but apparently it was an "encouraging" performance

Lots of journalists today, plus Craig Brewster, plus my mum (who listened to it on t'wireless) are claiming that Caley actually played well at Celtic Park. I am a firm believer that this is an oxymoron (and that anyone who disagrees is also an oxymoron). We're still bottom and grateful that Gretna lost as well.

Just to improve matters, we now have to cope with a resurgent Jambos side next week. My moans about the Lithuanian influence were well and truly given come-uppance by Ivaskevicius, who grabbed the fourth in the 4-2 win against the Gers, though Allan McGregor will have been regretting his decision to give his gloves an extra scrub with soap just before the fairly tame shot. So Celtic go top, and the first old firm game becomes increasingly tasty by the week.

Elsewhere, it's good to see my mate JD's Montrose team managed a win against top of div 3 East Fife. I keep an eye on Super Mo's performances as I try to get down occasionally to remind myself of the good old days of lower division football. Montrose's new plastic pitch is gorgeous. Everyone should have one.

And in the big league Arsenal firmly announced themselves as title contenders with a win at Spurs, while Liverpool and Chelsea got held to draws.

Meanwhile, Sky yet again failed to show Barcelona or Real Madrid. I actually had to read a book tonight due to the lack of La Liga. Shock horror!

Anyway, Champions' League this week, though I finish at 8 on both Tues and Wed and so will miss at least the first half of games. Aberdeen v Dnipro on Thursday though; it doesn't get any bigger, does it?

L.

No comments: