Friday, September 14, 2007

No points, bottom of the league, who else would you rather have than Celtic away?

From the incredible highs of midweek to the rather more standard league action. Caley, as the title of this entry suggests, travel to Celtic Park twelfth out of twelve, with zero points out of fifteen. I think Wednesday used up my fair share of miracles for the season, let alone this week. I hope Celtic might rest a few boys for Champions League duty, but hopes are not high.

My SPL attentions therefore have drifted more to Hearts - Rangers. Would you believe that, 2 years ago, Hearts won this fixture 1-0 to cement a 100% record and a clear lead in the title race under George Burley? How times change - Hearts have one league win so far this year. Gone are Burley, Gordon, Pressley, Webster, Fyssas, Brellier, Hartley, Skacel, Jankauskas and Bednar. In are Korobochkaochkavilniusivicius (or something.) and a bunch of random Lithuanians; I have a theory that there are only three Lithuanians at Hearts, but they change their shirt names and numbers continuously to make it look like there are more of them. Why? Well, nothing about Romanov's Hearts makes sense anymore, so this would hardly raise eyebrows...

As I aluded to earlier this week, the reception Mikoliunas gets will be very interesting indeed. If he actually plays (at least with the Mikoliunas shirt, rather than Cesnauskis, Ksanavicius or Ivaskevicius). Anyway, Rangers should win, and so should Celtic. It would be nice if Hibs could keep in touch by winning at Falkirk, not least as it would keep the Bairns down our end of the table. Should I go to Aberdeen v Motherwell? Or shall I stay in and watch Wales v Australia in the rugby? Decisions, decisions.

Down South, Liverpool and Man U face tough away games at Portsmouth and Everton respectively, Chelsea have Blackburn at home, and Arsenal are at Spurs. Does anyone know why the North London derby is a 1:30 kickoff on Saturday, even though its not on Sky or Setanta? It's blatantly the match of the weekend. Instead we get Man City v Villa on Sunday afternoon. You can almost hear me wetting myself with excitement, eh?

Actually, for all my sarcasm there, I'm still blatantly going to watch it. And I'll almost certainly glued to the screen. Even if its a nil-nil draw.

I need a life...

L.

No comments: