Wednesday, September 26, 2007

There's hope for us - Gretna are in the SPL too

Made the pilgrimage along the A96 (very slowly - I've never seen so many roadworks on one road, but that's another, less interesting story) to see us absolutely stuff Gretna 3-0 in the league cup last night. It was the ideal scenario - we were great, while, apart from the first 10 minutes of the second half, Gretna absolutely sucked. I know they had rested a few players, but so had we. Great result, great job. Surely we can't finish below this lot in the league?

Unfortunately night shift rules me out of Saturday's home clash with Falkirk and our next home game in mid October with Aberdire - sorry, Aberdeen (Freudian slip). In fact, the next Caley home league game I can make is on December 11, which makes my season ticket about as valuable and useful as a vote for the Scottish Christian Party. So all the more reason to hope for a home tie on the Tuesday night (or, failing that, Aberdeen at Pittodrie) in the next round, so I can sing "Doo-doo-doo-doo, Dennis Wyness" with the rest of them.

L.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I demand a post proclaiming Rangers victory over Olympique Lyonnais as one of the finest results a Scottish side has ever achieved.