Monday, June 2, 2014

Summer on Narey's Toepoker

I'm always sick of how nobody seems to ever have a completely accurate list of transfer moves anymore.  Sure, you can just about trust the BBC to get Celtic's and Rangers' signings correct...but the other 40 SPFL clubs?  Iffy at best.

So, much like I did in January, I've set out to sort that out.  You'll see a link on the taskbar above, alongside the one for Premiership clubs and their 2014-15 squads.

I hope that I can keep this page up-to-date for the whole summer window, with a list that all Scottish football fans can trust.  It will of course be harder this time, because a whole lot more happens in the summer, and Scottish clubs aren't forced to publish 'retained lists' in the way English ones are!

To avoid clutter, only players with first team experience will be listed in a club's 'OUT' section.  I'm not going to the trouble of confirming that some 16 year old has quit Elgin City to work in Starbucks.  But youngsters who drop down a division or two will be listed in their new club's 'IN' section, on the assumption that they'll be in their new club's first team squad.

Does that make sense?

If I've made a mistake, then please for the love of god tell me, either by Twitter or in the Comments section here.

If anyone wants to copy-and-paste this stuff, then go ahead.  I don't understand copyright law or any of that guff, so I won't do anything about it.  If you could acknowledge your source, though, then that would be appreciated.

Regards

L.

No comments: